Lead nurturing is not sales. Rather, it is building a relationship with each and every one of your prospects. By sending them automated, yet personalized, emails over time (drip campaign), you build a relationship and provide them with vital information to bring them to the next step in the process, the sale.
Whether you market to B2B or B2C, you can apply similar principles:
- Keep the web-to-lead form short
- Personalize the initial email as much as possible
- Personalize and Brand your business
- Provide useful, informational, or entertaining email correspondences
- Make your reply-to email address available
It is essential to build trust and show your expertise during the lead nurturing phase. You want your prospects to see you as the clear choice when they are ready to make the purchase.
Let’s go over the principles again, this time with a little bit more detail.
Principle 1: Keep the lead form short
Always test every step in the lead generation and lead nurturing process. What may work for one company, may not work for another. Focus your registration form questions on the information that’s absolutely essential. Often, that means limiting questions to basic contact information.
Principles 2-5: The email drip campaign
Once you generate a lead your objective is to nurture the relationship, making the prospect sales-ready. The length of the lead nurturing phase will vary depending on the nature of your business. Here are some practices to incorporate into your process:
- Communicate based on what you know about your audience
- Request customer feedback to increase your understanding of consumer perception
- Test, track, analyze, modify your email campaigns
- Clean your lists, improve your lead forms, and landing pages
Your business’ consumer data is extremely valuable. Learn to leverage this, and it can increase your conversion rates in the entire lead lifecycle. Predictive Response provides a superior email campaign platform, seamless integrated with Salesforce.com. Contact us today for more information!